The Autumn Season 2014: dates for your diary
Come along for film screenings and live talks - more details to be announced shortly! [Read more]
Come and visit the Cinema Museum. We're open for visits by pre-booked guided tour. [Read more]
Projectionist? Sound engineer? Gardener? Handyperson? You may be able to help us.
Beautiful carpets from the picture houses of the 1930s - just one of the intriguing elements of the Museum's collection. [Read more]
Sartorial Elegance at the Picture Palace
A special exhibition and accompanying book recalling the style and tailoring of vintage cinema uniforms. [Read more]
Shop Coming Soon
The Cinema Museum shop will be launched soon! Hundreds of posters, lobby cards, souvenirs and films will be for sale. [Read more]
If you love cinema…
London’s Cinema Museum is devoted to keeping alive the spirit of cinema from the days before the multiplex. Set in historic surroundings in Kennington, close to the Elephant & Castle, the Cinema Museum houses a unique collection of artefacts, memorabilia and equipment that preserves the history and grandeur of cinema from the 1890s to the present day.
…Come and see us!
- We are open for pre-booked visits from anyone interested in the cinema.
- We host programmes of ticketed events.
- We work with educational institutions on joint projects and with film archives on preservation activities.
- We make items from the collection available on loan to other institutions for exhibition.
- We offer a unique cinema-themed venue for hire.
- We enjoy working in partnership on local wellbeing initiatives.
The Cinema Museum is a Registered Charity (No. 293285) and a company limited by guarantee 1865840, and it receives no public funding.