The Picture Palace Project
Living history: find out about the Cinema Museum's Picture Palace Project.
The Spring Season 2014
Our 2014 Spring Season of events will be announced soon! Come along for film screenings and live talks. [Read more]
Come and visit the Cinema Museum. We're open for visits by pre-booked guided tour. [Read more]
Beautiful carpets from the picture houses of the 1930s - just one of the intriguing elements of the Museum's collection. [Read more]
Sartorial Elegance at the Picture Palace
Continuing: a special exhibition of vintage cinema uniforms, recalling the great days of style, tailoring & "going to the pictures". [Read more]
Shop Coming Soon
The Cinema Museum shop will be launched soon! Hundreds of posters, lobby cards, souvenirs and films will be for sale. [Read more]
If you love cinema…
London’s Cinema Museum is devoted to keeping alive the spirit of cinema from the days before the multiplex. Set in historic surroundings in Kennington, close to the Elephant & Castle, the Cinema Museum houses a unique collection of artefacts, memorabilia and equipment that preserves the history and grandeur of cinema from the 1890s to the present day.
…Come and see us!
- We are open for visits from anyone with an interest in the cinema.
- We host programmes of ticketed events.
- We work with educational institutions on joint projects and with film archives on preservation activities.
- We make items from the collection available on loan to other institutions for exhibition.
- We offer a unique cinema-themed venue for hire.
- We enjoy working in partnership with local community groups.
The Cinema Museum is a Registered Charity (No. 293285) and a company limited by guarantee 1865840, and it receives no public funding.