The Autumn Season 2015: dates for your diary
Details of our AUTUMN SEASON are now online. Come along for film screenings and live talks. More details HERE
Come and visit the Cinema Museum. We're open for visits by pre-booked guided tour. [Read more]
The Cinema Museum shop is open now! Original posters, books and souvenirs are for sale. [Read more]
Projectionist? Sound engineer? Gardener? Handyperson? You may be able to help us.
Beautiful carpets from the picture houses of the 1930s - just one of the intriguing elements of the Museum's collection. [Read more]
Sartorial Elegance at the Picture Palace
A special exhibition and accompanying book recalling the style and tailoring of vintage cinema uniforms. [Read more]
If you love cinema…
London’s Cinema Museum is devoted to keeping alive the spirit of cinema from the days before the multiplex. Set in historic surroundings in Kennington, close to the Elephant & Castle, the Cinema Museum houses a unique collection of artefacts, memorabilia and equipment that preserves the history and grandeur of cinema from the 1890s to the present day.
‘The Cinema Museum is culturally very important to the history of movies and gives insight into how things have changed. It was the work house where Charlie Chaplin went as a child. It is a monument of great importance to anyone interested in Cinema.’ – Sylvia Syms
…Come and see us!
- We are open for pre-booked visits from anyone interested in the cinema.
- We host programmes of ticketed events.
- We work with educational institutions on joint projects and with film archives on preservation activities.
- We make items from the collection available on loan to other institutions for exhibition.
- We offer a unique cinema-themed venue for hire.
- We enjoy working in partnership on local wellbeing initiatives.
The Cinema Museum is a Registered Charity (No. 293285) and a company limited by guarantee 1865840, and it receives no public funding. It is also a member of Cinema For All.